Friday, January 30, 2009

The microwave thing

Just last week our microwave broke? died? started sparking new life? what ever it is you call it when that lightening bolt goes from one side of it to the other. So I went and reluctantly bought a new one. When the (poor, poor) salesman (who got stuck with me) ask me what I was looking for I told him "a microwave", I didn't think it was a difficult a shopping item! I was soo soo
wrong! Did you know they go up in to the $500.00 range! OUTRAGEOUS! all they do is pop popcorn and heat the miraculous leftover (there usually aren't any). So I spent $159.00 on a glorified popper! So, I am in a rush to make something for Gary for his lunch and to bake green bean casserole takes like 45 minutes to an hour... OH But wait I have "that microwave thing" I just spent all that money on, Cindy cooks in hers all the time! So I get on the phone to call Cindy and see if the corning ware (that was purchased for my Christmas a year ago, specifically so I could start cooking in the microwave like Cindy) was microwave safe? Oh and I also bought some of those zip lock "steam bags" because Cindy had cooked fresh broccoli in one at Dad's and it was fast and great! and I discovered that you take out what you want to eat (straight from the bag and dip it in miracle whip) all you have to do is seal the bag back up and stick it in the fridge... Vwalla no dishes! "If only people knew"... Heck I live with my brain and I have NO Clue!

2 comments:

  1. I *love* those microwave veggie-steamer things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cathy, you make me laugh. Microwaves are great. I traded my china for correll when I got my first microwave. It was a great trade.

    Anyway, thanks for the laugh.

    PS. Dad and Cheryl are back online. Dad's new email is his first name . middle initial . his last name @ gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete