Friday, January 30, 2009

25 random reasons to laugh at me!

1. I just paid $149.00 for a "Glorified popcorn popper" the old microwave died. (The final decision for the one I bought was that it had a rounded interior and I figure it will be easier to clean... once a year)
2. My spelling, punctuation and grammar are horrendous, yet I test at the college level.
3. My Dr. refers to me as her "Adult ADD-HD Poster girl."
4. Math and Dyslexia are not my friend... Yet they live with me always.
5. I pay more attention to what my hair looks like when I head to bed than I do when I get up in the morning.
6. The only people who think I can cook are the ones who don't live with me.
7. All the teenagers who come into my house think I am the coolest mom on the planet, but not my kids! (some of my best friends are girls my boys have dated)
8. When I checked with my Dr. "Lavietra was not for me." Nor were any of the other male enhancement drugs the TV suggested! (She says I'm stuck with Gary the way he is)
9. I have OCD when it comes to the clothes hanging in my closet yet the pile on the floor under them does not bother me in the slightest!
10. Any time Gary makes a sound in his sleep I ask him if he needs a drink of water? I know...Weird!
11. I love that my boy's still want to spend time with Gary and I.
12. I put a truck load of "CRAP" in the dumpster by our storage shed today, and a man was there and put almost everything I had tossed into his truck for a garage sale... sad sad sad... he will probably make a fortune on it!
13. No matter what line I choose in a shopping establishment, something will go wrong and I will be the last to leave, Unless I am with Cindy... she has worse luck than me that way!
14. I hold my breath when I exercise!
15. When people ask me how I spell something, I make sure to clarify that they want to know "how do I spell it?"
16. I have and incredible "sense" of direction, but have a hard time "giving" directions.
17. I think the best form of road rage is a honk, wave and ditsy sarcastic smile!
18. Far to often my mouth repeats what my brain is saying... no warning, it just happens!
19. Nothing in the world is funner to hear than a laughing infant who thinks something is funny, or a toddler who has discovered sarcasm!
20. According to "email" I am a millionaire, but have yet to see a dime of it. (I'm thinking of going to that web site that "finds you money". com)
21. I love sitting behind families with "busy" children so I can be entertained in church.
22. Gary try's to make me laugh once a day, when I am angry with him I do my darnedest to not laugh at him no matter what... not easy.
23. Once when it was snowing huge flakes I was walking and trying to catch one on my toung, I was so focused on my "flake" that when I tripped I didn't know I was falling until I hit the ground, and yep "People were watching".
24. I can talk to someone on the phone for hours, get off and not have a clue what we talked about.
25. My husband may love me the way I am, but then he got fat too so what can he say?
(Danny will be 20 next month and I still claim "baby fat")
I hope that was "random" enough!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! YAY!!! You put up your 25 things! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I (this is Les/Paco) enjoyed your random thoughts, but especially associated with a couple of them:
    #13 SHOPPING LINES. I can outdo you and Cindy any time! In our little local grocery store when I go in, USUALLY (and I'm a number-crunching egghead statistician, so NEVER doubt my mathematical statements) see both clerks leaning against their checkout stands with nothing to do and smiling at me. Even if I only get 3 items quickly and within 30-90 seconds go back to the checkout counter, there are instantly 1-2 FULL shoping carts at EACH cashier's lines! This happens so often that it is not a GUESS-timate, it is an absolutely for-true actual fact!
    #20 E-MAIL RICHES: As Becca sews in the other room, I love to tell her from the den the latest $800,000 I have turned down, or the $1.5 million the old Dubai diplomat's widow wants me to accept. It's kind of fun to read the silly e-mails.
    #23 SNOWFLAKES: Well, at least you DID have "people were watching" as you fell! One of my greatest disapointments was the time I was ready to put up some heavy hooks in the carport rafters and was walking down the house hall/living room counting how many hooks I had bought (for hanging garden tools, bicycles, etc.), carefully looking in the bag as I put my foot on the last part of the kitchen floor before the first carport step started. The trouble wals, I had miscalculated, and my foot was already at the first step. I did a double backflip, shoulder roll, and several other Olympic gymnast moves before I was standing up with blood pouring off of BOTH skinned knees. (I was wearing cargo pants.) I forgot about it until meeting Becca for school lunch, and she commented about my colorful knees, and then I realized how sad it was that NOBODY had seen the feat to appreciate my great movements!

    ReplyDelete