Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Step 3 / The first appointment, but not really "Day 1"

Well, I did it. I got up for the 8am way before I am ready to be awake appointment (that I scheduled and said "sure 8am sounds great! let's get it over and done with so I can enjoy the rest of the day") I filled out the paperwork that authorizes physical abuse... ahem "therapy" and followed blindly the nice boy "Jason" who called my name back to certain torture. He had me sit in a chair, which I immediately pulled closer to him because I hate talking across room's, (I think I have Bishop Gunther to blame for that one). Harmless question's... but the one that came back to get me, "do you like water?" to which is a simple if anyone knows me no brainier "NO" (If it isn't Milk or Soda I generally don't drink it!) Then we did some bending and stretching "tell me when it starts to hurt", followed by the awkward lye on the table poking and prodding. I really think that Dr.'s and Therapist alike would greatly benefit from video cameras that record facial expressions as opposed to trusting you to admit your a Pansie and saying ouch! Fortunately Jason was observant and noticed the wincing and trying to get away from him, I guess you could say his fingers chased me across the table until he had touched every tender spot on my back! Then back to the chair. He started to discuss his game plan "I know you said you don't like water but I really think that is where we need to start" (in my head I am saying of course you do, and so does everyone else who know's how little I drink) But outloud I agreed I would cooperate and do as I was told, then it came... "Were going to do Three day's a week, starting Friday I know you said you don't like water, but I really think you would benefit most if we put you in the pool." the pool! you did say pool? "yes" I LOVE to swim, I will swim all day for you... "But you said you don't like water?" I thought you were talking about drinking it! Which of course led to "how much water would you say you drink?" and we all know where that went.
So the results from the first appointment;
I get to go to therapy for 3 day's a week, and I have to start drinking "some" water. I think I like it when they say "some" that leaves it totally up for "interpretation".
First appointment "a success".

2 comments:

  1. HAHA, you must be related to Brenden! He also hates water!

    You can do it, Cathy!! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have bone spurs on both feet. Guess what the doctor said would make them feel better? Lose 40 pounds... That was 9 years ago... Maybe I'll do it now with you as my inspiration. Keep the stories coming!

    ReplyDelete