Friday, March 12, 2010

I laughed out loud at the Dr. If your in need of entertainment... read on/follow this blog

I won't promise accurate spelling, and certainly not proper grammar or even close punctuation, but the "entertainment factor" will be over the top!
I have decided to Blog my next 6 months. Why? some might ask, well it all started way back, well, I'm not sure when. But the first recorded trip to the emergency room relating to my back was in 1996. What happened in 1996, well if you know tell me because I / we don't remember! So we are just skipping to say January 2010 when I slid down the stairs at work aggravating an existing back injury sending my pain management out the door and wanting to get to the bottom of the problem.
I have had 3 MRI's and a bone scan done. They have given me 4 cortisone shots into my spine, and we (Cheryl and I) went to a follow up appointment on Thursday... And so it begins.
The poor man, while attractive and comfortable to be around, he just couldn't get the dang xrays to stick in that little bar at the top of the viewer and one of the lights wasn't wanting to be turned on but after some repeated efforts he was finally able to review the pictures and explain some problems in my back.
Now let's talk solutions say's the Dr.! Cheryl and I were sitting in the expected behavior position, intent on what he was going to say, certain to take everything to heart, and he just blurted it out... "I want you to loose 40 lbs over the next 6 months, I want you walking at LEAST 2 miles a day... and it happened, I busted up laughing, out loud, for real. I finally contained myself and quietly said "I'm listening" and he continued. Bottom line, physical therapy, exercise and the usual diet.
While having been diagnosed diabetic I have paid a bit more attention to my diet than I have in the past and initially lost 62 lbs. I know "I CAN do this" however finding that "motivating want" often like so many others motivation needs eludes me! So I find it interesting that I have purchased my first "Grocery stand magazine" in, well ever! Because it has posted on the cover weight loss tip's that have been researched by some well known university back east, (I could tell you the name of it but the magazine is across the room and I would have to get up and "walk" there to tell you)... so maybe later! Anyhow it say's to choose 3 of the 20 things that were proven to help people in their efforts and one of them was having a buddy.
My Buddy:
Let me introduce you to Susie. She is my neighbor who is prescribed the same physical therapy for many of the same back problem's, and she is elated that I need to go because we can now go together and she will be more confident about her time there! The only problem I can see with this is Susie is supposed to be working on "getting a little fat on her bones" (she weighs 109 at 5'3") and I am to loose 40 lbs at 5'6" Oh the irony.
So watch and wait, I will post what's going on and progress reports at least weekly.

240.2 lbs and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment